Master’s in Applied Physics and Physical Engineering
Field: Applied Sciences, Technology, Health (STS)
Degree: Master’s Degree in Applied Physics and Physical Engineering (PAIP)
Program 4: Advanced Numerical Modeling (MNA)
The objective of the master’s Program in Applied Physics and Physical Engineering (PAIP) is to prepare a stream of senior researchers and engineers in four specific fields of engineering sciences: Micro- and Nanoelectronics, mechanical electronics (Mechatronics) & Energy, and Digital Systems, Advanced Numerical Modeling. It provides a broad spectrum of expertise ranging from physics to engineering applications and designs.
This Master’s program is accredited jointly by INSA, the University of Strasbourg and the French National School for Water and Environmental Engineering (ENGEES).
The Advanced Numerical Modeling program is mainly supported by INSA Strasbourg.
who can apply ?
- Civil Engineering: INSA Engineering students specializing in Civil Engineering can enroll in Advanced Numerical Modeling in Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering: INSA Engineering students specializing in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics and Plastics Engineering can enroll in Advanced Numerical Modeling in Mechanical Engineering.
- All other students having fully completed first – or second-year master’s programs in the above fields are eligible.
Apply on the University of Strasbourg website via the Ecandidat platform or through Campus France as the case may be.
- Ability to apply a critical mind to the use of digital tools in the engineering sciences (simulation software, data acquisition systems, etc.)
- Design and development of software applications in a suitable language; ability to independently conduct experiments
- Validation of models by comparing forecasted results with actual results of experiments; assessing the limits of a model’s validity
- Establishing tasks and finding the resources to document a topic; ability to work independently while being a part of a team.
Content of the Master’s Program in Applied Physics and Physical Engineering is available on the French version of the INSA website.
- R&D engineer in the industrial or public sector
- Computational engineer in internal or external design office
- Structural and development engineer (R&D) in businesses or engineering offices
- PhD, research engineer in public sector.
- Head of Advanced Numerical Modeling program and contact for Civil Engineering: Cyrille Chazallon
- Contact for Mechanical Engineering: Laurence Meylheuc